Department: Audience Development
Reports to: Director of Audience Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Audience Development Associate
The Audience Development Associate will support the continued growth of audiences across the Today Media portfolio, reporting to the Director of Audience Development. This position is highly engaged in customer acquisition with focus in various digital, print and event channels. Responsibilities include various operational, fulfillment, and customer service tasks as well as helping increase existing engagement while meeting revenue and audience goals. Currently, the Audience Development Associate position is WFH (work from home), however this position will be staffed in our Wilmington, Delaware office as soon as health and safety guidelines allow. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and highly motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment where a daily routine is not the norm.
- Oversee daily customer service operations as related to subscriber or prospect inquiries received by way of phone, email, web, chat, app, etc.
- Coordinate and execute print orders across titles.
- Execute various digital customer acquisition initiatives: Email, lead-gen, site ads. SEO, FB, LinkedIn, etc.
- Maintain monthly reporting of key performance metrics (print and digital).
- Utilize, develop, and implement customer acquisition analytics to support overall business goals –must have the ability to course correct and make changes as needed.
- Monitor other CRMA/AABP titles (City & Regional Magazine Association/The Alliance of Area Business Publishers) to stay current with offers, pricing and content offerings relating to audience growth and profitability.
- Assist with audience development in B2C and B2B print and digital tactics to grow readership across brands and media types.
- Recommend best practices for distribution channels.
- Work with vendors to do checks, audits and when needed adjustments to ensure circulation and delivery goals are met.
- Assist with CRMA/AABP, CVC and postal audit requirements.
- Work with brand editors and marketing directors to explore new strategies for growing audiences.
- Work with outside vendors on renewal and promotional campaigns.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond, preferably in Marketing.
- 1-2+ years of experience in customer acquisition driven position, preferably in a media/publishing organization.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
- Must be deadline driven with a strong ability to prioritize a myriad of tasks.
- Experience with fulfillment reporting preferred.
- Experience working in HubSpot (ESP) preferred.
- The ability to lead, take direction and adapt quickly.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: AudDev@todaymediainc.com.
Today Media is a successful and dynamic multi-platform communications company serving a five-state region on the East Coast. In print, online and in-person, we reach affluent consumers within the communities we serve, delivering content that is pertinent, interesting, and tailored to them —and that they always look forward to. Today Media publishes four monthly regional lifestyle magazines, two business publications and more than 10 specialty publications, increasing our reach and impressions in a highly sought-after, upscale demographic. We also create custom marketing solutions, develop new media business opportunities, and host dynamic and popular revenue-generating events. Today Media is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware with offices in Baltimore, New York, and the Philadelphia areas.