In 1948, a young man named Angelo Martinelli purchased a small printing company located in Yonkers, New York. Over the next several years, Gazette Press grew to become the largest commercial printing company in Westchester County.
An entrepreneur seeking to diversify, Angelo launched Hudson Valley, a local monthly magazine, in 1972. Almost a decade later, he bought Delaware Today, a monthly magazine covering the First State.
Though no one realized it at the time, Angelos purchase of Gazette Press was the beginning of a family tradition of entrepreneurship. Three generations later, the Martinellis have grown the family business into a multi-platform company covering a five-state region. Today, its operations include regional magazine publishing, digital solutions, event opportunities and custom communications. In addition to Gazette Press, Today Media now includes four major regional brandsDelaware Today, Main Line Today, Hudson Valley and Westchester magazinesalong with Media Two, a custom communications division.
Today Media Timeline
- Angelo Martinelli purchases Gazette Press, a Yonkers, New York, printing company.
- Hudson Valley Magazine is launched by Angelo Martinelli. The news and lifestyle magazine
covers New York State from Westchester to Albany.
- Angelo Martinelli begins what would become the longest tenure of any mayor of Yonkers, serving
six terms from 1974 to 1987. It would be one of many examples of the Martinelli familys
contributions to the community.
- Delaware Todays Best of Delaware Party debuts and moves Today Media into the event business. Each of the Today Media monthlies will host annual Best of Partys in the coming years.
- The Martinelli family start a custom publication company. Two of the earliest custom publications
are Delaware Lawyer and the Westchester Economic Development Bookboth still published by the Martinellis.
- Main Line Today is launched by the Martinelli family, covering the historic Main Line area and
other western suburbs of Philadelphia.
- The Martinellis incorporate Today Media as the parent company for Delaware Today, Main Line Today and the custom publishing division.
- Delaware Bride, a bi-annual wedding publication, is launched.
- Westchester Magazine is purchased, and Ralph Martinelli is named publisher.
The monthly news and lifestyle publication covers Westchester County.
- The Hunt, covering life in the Brandywine Valley, is purchased by the Martinellis and becomes part
of the Today Media family of publications.
- Media Two, a Baltimore based custom communications company owned and operated by Jonathan Witty,
joins the Today Media family.
- The quarterly Westchester Home Magazine is launched, inviting readers into the areas most exciting private homes and gardens.
- Today Media launches www.westchestermagazine.com in May establishing the companys commitment to digital content. Later that year Today Media launch www.delawaretoday.com, www.hudsonvalley.com and www.mainlinetoday.com.
- Westchester Weddings magazine is launched.
- 914INC. magazine, Westchesters first business lifestyle magazine, is launched.